Standing stretches can prep your body for more intense exercise. As part of your warm-up routine, these stretches will increase your heart rate faster than floor stretches. Try a leg-stretching exercise.
- Stand facing a wall. Slowly lift your left foot and bring your heel to your buttock.
- Grab hold of your left ankle with your left hand and place your right hand on the wall for stability.
- Gently pull on your ankle until you feel a mild stretch in your front left thigh.
- Hold this stretch 10 seconds. Slowly return your leg to the original position.
- Relax 10 seconds and repeat with right leg.